Sunday, July 16, 2017

Letters 533: Imperfections

"This part of my life, this little part, is called happiness."

- Chris Gardner (The Pursuit of Happyness, 2006)


To whom I have met,

           We all expect things to be perfect in our life. But for me, there is a great happiness in taking something with all imperfections & perfecting it into they way it should be. 

           For the past few days, I heard tonnes of complaints from people around me about how life is so unfair. It is not wrong. We have all complained at some point in our life. This people wonder why some are doing so well, while others have to struggle day by day? I suppose it is easier for them to lament about what they do not have than to be thankful for what they have. 

            I've been successful in many ways, there is nothing to hide about it. But at the same time, I am always mindful that I can lose everything in split seconds. Each time people seek my help, whether at my office or at the center, I consider it as a form of trust. With this kind of mindset, I am not only have the make the best of the help, but must also be able to pass on the blessings way after I helped them.

            Lately, few girls showed their 'unhappiness' or 'jealousy' each time I bought something for you. Even a simple bar of chocolate that cost me RM 2.00 can be a source of they mixed emotions let alone the Superdry shirt . But for me, they should not have this kind of feelings. My actions, my joys & my possessions that I shared with you are nothing to boast about. God placed it in my mind as a way to make you happy & it is up to me to change it into a reality. 

              But the reality here Samantha, the world simply drives me crazy in quite the opposite direction lately. I got caught up in the busyness of work, using up precious time & resources. But I finally found a time for you last Wednesday. Somewhere down the line, the simple McDonald's lunch is not just about the meal. It was a three hours food for thought. The kind of thought that warmth the soul.

               Until then, have yourself a wonderful week ahead.


p.s

Lately, I saw with eyes & ears how you struggled in your life as a tertiary student. But always remember this Sam, you are simply too blessed to be stressed. Seek God & He shall clear the path for you.


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.

16th of July 2017. 

No comments: