Monday, July 10, 2017

Letters 532: Every Mile

"The wound is the place where light enters you."

- Rumi


To whom I have met,

           In our hectic world, many of us claim to have thousands of stuff to do but in reality, the number of important stuff can be counted on two hands. I think a lot of it has to do with our time management. Our bad time management often make us feel defeated even before we start because the problems seem so big & insurmountable.

           Few nights ago, I walked along the five-foot way at Campbell Street while visiting my friends at the UNESCO Heritage Day celebration. I saw a beggar sleeping there, his shirt reduced to rags, smelling like a dead fish. At the same time, few youngsters dressed fashionably covered their mouth & nose walked passed him. While some people may not mind as they could be used to this kind of treatment, severe ostracism as portrayed by the youngsters towards the beggar can lead to loss of self-esteem, depression & in rare cases, worthlessness. I am wondering, instead of taking their time off covering their mouth & nose, why not they just buy a bottle of mineral water? But then, why not the beggar take a time off in a day to use the public bathing facility located stone throw away near Kapitan Keling Mosque & cleaned himself?

            Talking about time, within the next few days, you will sit for exam in the college. Based on our conversations last night, you have been struggling with a number of study-related inconveniences recently. There are time when I felt that you are about to give up because you did not seem able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

            But remember this Sam, in our life, we should dare to think out of the box. You should not worried if you are worst than others just because you are not good in certain subjects. You just need to try your best & God will help you with the rest.

            It is definitely not easy in life as a college student. Each time you sat next to me in my car, all I heard was how reluctant you felt to attend certain classes. How about stop thinking about the problem & instead making the days there count? :) 

            
p.s

8 months was a short period of time. But I know every mile making you happy will be worth my time, stwy.


Till the next one,

The Half Moon Serenades.

10th of July 2017.

No comments: