Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Letters 531: Courage is the Little Voice

"If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds of worth of distance run, yours is the earth."

- Rudyard Kipling (If, 1895)


To whom I have met,

          Life is full of brick walls. But the brick walls are there for a reason. I bet your life is full of brick walls too. Some people have this idea that brick walls is there to slow us down in this world.

          In truth, the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. It is not there to keep us out from this unforgiving world. I believe the brick walls are there to stop people who don't want it badly enough. They are there to stop the other people. 

           Lately, I know you are facing difficulties in your new life. It hurts a little bit knowing about it. So, let this letter be the piece of writing where I can voice out my hope for you. 

           You might heard some people said that we must try our best in everything. But for me, it is not enough that you do your best. Sometimes, you must do what is required without losing your courage. Courage doesn't always roar Sam. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says:

"I will try again tomorrow."

             Yours truly here is a slow walker. But for sure, I will never walk back. I am the kind of person that if I knew the world would come to an end tomorrow, I would still plant a tree. I guess that pretty much summarize my words for you for the past 6 months.

              These are the kind of words I like to tell you because in the writing, I am praying for a life well lived for you. Until then, have yourself wonderful moments & make each day counts, Sam.


p.s

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.


Till the next one,

The Half Moon Serenades.

4th of July 2017.  

No comments: