Sunday, June 25, 2017

Letters 530: It's the Little Things

"He stepped down trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun yet he saw her like the sun even without looking."

- Leo Tolstoy (Anna Karenina, 1877)


To whom I have met,

           Life is full of thorns & thistles. I first encountered this terms while I was doing my reading on someone Bible translations for her Master thesis few years ago. It refers to 'things in our life that bring us discomfort, torment & judgment'. I remember being overwhelmed towards this term, by its concept of course. I used to wonder whether this terms is important in our life & today deep down within me, I know it does. 

          When was the last time you did something for the first time? I found something that I never thought I would enjoy in my lifetime for the past one month. I never thought sewing, writing Hangul (Korean form of writing), drawing portrait, doodling to name a few for the first time can be hobbies to fill up my times lately. Also for the past two weeks, I bought three pairs of sneakers & sports shoes for you, something I never did to anyone in my life.

           Anyway back to my main point, I am not exactly expecting much nowadays but rather keeping it slow & reflect what has this year been to me. Come what may, no one is better at being me than myself. Each time I encountered bad times, I told myself timing is everything & things will happen as they meant to be. 

            In life, you will be constantly put into trials & situations, where you try to fix them. You will break down once in awhile because no one is perfect in this world. But always remember, for every thorns & thistles you met, you grow a little bit more in your life.

            Until then, enjoy your travel with your family. I am praying for your safety as always.


p.s

Aim for little things first because it will warm your heart. Don't ask for big things & end up upsetting yourself because things do not turn out the way you want it. I am very sure you on the right path, S.


Love, 

The Half Moon Serenades.
25th of June 2017.           

No comments: