Sunday, June 18, 2017

Letters 529: Perfect

"Happiness is anyone, anything at all, that's loved by you."

- Clark Gesner (You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, 1967)


To whom I have met,

            For the past one month, tonnes of people asked me why I stopped my writing. I told them that I'm having writer's block but the fact is I am not. How can I have writer's block when my life has been so inspiring & amazing. It is just that I was a little bit busy preparing for your birthday which fell on 17th of July (yesterday).

            Lately, I do not need to seek refuge from my writing because my soul has found someone, you. So I want to dedicate this piece of writing to you on your special day.

            It started about nine months ago when I sketched the image of you on a piece of paper. It was a labor of love with months of hard work such as sitting in front of YouTube in order to learn how to draw your hair & also searching the internet in order to figure out how to color your eyes. But all the hard work paid off when I finally finished it eight days before your birthday, framed it with black on black on black frame (your favorite color) & handed it to you last Wednesday when we went out together. But of course apart from saying the customary thankful words, the cuteness in you decided that it is cute to ask this question (which I knew you will ask):

"Where is my braces in the portrait?"

             Yes of all questions about the portrait, your first concern was the missing braces. Because of you, I won few bets with my friends (I told them you will definitely ask about it). 

             Anyway, did you remember few weeks before your birthday, you found yourself in a deep stress? I went out there & bought a bag of 25 chocolates (which I repeated last Wednesday) for you. You hold onto the bag so tight when you sat next to me in my car. As usual, your customary cute question:

"Why my Reese's melted, why?"

              Luckily, I baked few chocolates chip cookies for you too (which I knew you secretly ate & posted it in Snapchat). For that, I am grateful after the hard work of sitting in front of my oven waiting for the cookies. 

              Last Wednesday, when we went out for your birthday, I cooked for you, a bowl of tomyam kung & a plate cheese prawn macaroni. We even stopped at the roadside so you can eat it after one long day at the college. Sitting there next to you & looking at you eating it with full force makes my heart melt over & over again. This is the girl of my dream, eating my home-cook food. But silly me cooked too much for you & we put it aside in order to go to Queensbay Mall to shop for your favorite Adidas sport shoes. Not that I didn't gave you tonnes of birthday presents before (Daniel Wellington's wristwatches, LANSI cap, Vans Sneakers, Herschel bag, portrait & that 100 days sketch book) but the look at your face the moment you heard that I am bringing you there to buy it, I am so excited too.

              On the way back from the college, you drove in your own car. You snapped a photo (eating the macaroni) while driving because you are hungry. I was super happy but worried at the same time about your safety.

              People said why wasted my money on this girl who might not even appreciated my kindness. I might just as well find another girl as backup plan. But little that they knew you are not the kind of person & me too. You appreciated all my gifts. You see, when a guy said 'I love you' to a girl, that love should be just be for her & only for her. 

              A day before your birthday, I decided to go to your college, armed with four H & M gift cards & searched for your car in the huge parking lot. I took a good 15 minutes to find it & then I put it right at your windshield. Few hours later, the bouquet of roses from 50Gram arrived at your home too. I was so happy to see you liked it.

             Love is patience. I wrote it in almost every e-mails, messages & cards for you (remember, this is the first sentence in the bouquet card?). For all the gifts, time & moments we shared, it was not just about my love for you. Love is secondary. The one that I am looking forward each time we met or each time we talked is your smile & happiness. 

              Happy birthday Sam. Godspeed your success in everything. Never, never, never give up on pursuing your dream, happiness & many more wonderful things. There is always someone left to love & to fight for in this life. That someone is you.


p.s

I am not the best guy out there or someone that a girl can be proud of in their life. But definitely, I will be the one that never leave you when the morning comes despite rough days. Enjoy your perfect moment there.


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
18th of June 2017.


No comments: