Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Letters 527: Of God, Grateful & Love

"My mom says if somebody takes the time to write a letter, you should read it."

- Private Ben Yahzee (Windtalkers, 2002)


To whom I haven't met yet,

             It is that time of the year when I have to file my tax returns. No matter how busy I am currently, 15th of May 2017 is the deadline to do the e-filing. So here I am stuck in the Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (IRB) waiting for my turn to get everything done. 

             Once in awhile, I still get the feeling that I am paying more than I should but being a good citizen, I just keep my mouth shut & pay accordingly. I have to be grateful that I earned enough to have to pay taxes. There are still many people around me who struggle to earn enough to make ends meet. They did not have the need to worry about paying taxes, but they need to worry about what they gonna eat tomorrow. For that, I am grateful to the Power above.

             Dear hummingbird, there is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper. This one part of the message that the girl I previously mentioned in my letters sent to me last night. She read about a verse from the Holy Bible (Psalm 18:16) about how God's love is deeper no matter what problem we have in this world. I could not help but to agree with her wholeheartedly about it. In life, I suppose many of us have become so jaded that we choose to disbelieve in Him & people around who are trying to make a difference in our life. But it is good to sit down once in awhile & try to have a self reflection moment right? Anyway, this is one of the main reason why I loved her. She lights up the sky with her spontaneous messages every night.
    
              Today letter is a short one as I need to get myself a quick lunch before the meeting start in two hours. It will be a short meeting but I just want it to end as soon as possible. In the meantime, have yourself a wonderful day wherever you are in this world. 


p.s

Everyday of telling you that I loved you is indeed a bonus. Many stories we shared with each other may not be retold in the future. But it remain a part of me because it helped me to tell you that this is a love well lived, S.


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.

9th of May 2017.


No comments: