Monday, May 1, 2017

Letters 525: The Heart of A Stranger

"Even in hell there are moments when the light reaches you."

- Richard C. Morais (The Hundred-Foot Journey, 2008)


To whom I haven't met yet,
 
           There are many points in life when I cannot see what awaits me around the corner. It is precisely at such times when my path forward is unclear, I bravely kept my nerve, resolutely making my strength overpowering others as I march into the dark. 

           Few days ago, someone asked me why I distributed pizzas to the beggars on my birthday? Well, I told him because it makes me happy. I reached out even to strangers because every human being was important to me. For long after the beggars tears have stopped flowing, long after my act are forgotten, it is those acts of love that will live on forever.

           Dear hummingbird, you have to be out there to see & appreciate the real world. Even though I just met the beggars, they felt moved to pray for my health just because I gave them a slice of pizza. They held my hand & said the most wonderful prayer for me, a stranger just moments ago. 

           Anyway, last night I chatted with her. She asked me a simple yet meaningful question. What will I say to her if she was diagnosed with stage four cancer & in the brink of death? I told her that I will continue to win her heart. But the truth, I touched all wooden parts of my furniture praying that such horrible thing will never fall on her. You see, I love her. She is the best person I ever met in four years. I do not have the look or any physical asset to court her, but all I have is my time, my heart & my love.

            Today letter is a short one. Hopefully, I can write for you much longer letter in the future. Until then, have yourself a wonderful holiday. 


p.s

If I did anything right in my life this year, it was when I gave all my heart to court you, S.


Yours sincerely,

The Half Moon Serenades. 
1st of May 2017. 

No comments: