Friday, April 28, 2017

Letters 524: The Constant Change

"God's voice is usually nothing more than a whisper & you have to listen very carefully to hear it."

- Nicholas Sparks (The Last Song, 2008)


To whom I haven't met yet,

           I am writing this blog entry from the corner of CIMB Bank branch in Prangin Mall. It's been a long time since I went into a bank in this modern era of online banking. 

           It is still relatively quiet although I can imagine how it will be like in the next few minutes when the lunch time going to start. As I looked at the passers by, I am reminded about the hard moments I had growing up in a poor family. In those hard days, the poor me would just sit down outside the bank on a bench & look up at the customers withdrawing their money, which was occasionally punctuated by sounds of luxury cars arriving at the entrance. 

           Dear hummingbird, it has been said that the only constant is change. I often wonder how this poor boy can change into someone with a good life today? But I have to come to terms with the fact that it is not only because of hard work, it is the constant gratefulness to God that brought me to this much better level. 

            Few days ago, the girl of my heart asked me whether everything I did for her is worth the time & effort as she felt that she did nothing for me all this while. The truth here is I was ordinary in a world that loved the extraordinary her. I loved her, it was as simple as that. All the cookies I baked, the chocolates that I bought, the positive messages I sent, even the compensation money that I paid when she involved in an accident, I did it not only because I loved her. It was more of being there when she needed me. Lately, she was unhappy about something I regretfully said to her. But despite all those unhappiness, it doesn't make me love her any less. Sometimes, it makes me love her more. 

             God's presence was everywhere, at all times & was experienced by everyone at one time of another. I felt it & I will continue to believe in miracles. Until then, have yourself a wonderful weekend.



p.s

I overshot a little because I was aiming at just enough to keep you in my heart.


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
28th of April 2017.

No comments: