Saturday, April 15, 2017

Letters 522: Of Faith & Blessing

"There is always something left to love."

- Gabriel Garcia Marquez (One Hundred Years of Solitude, 1967)


To whom I haven't met yet,

           It is easy to let our mind deceive & urge us on to pursue what the world considers desirable. Honestly, I was one of the victim of my own mind before. But when I start looking at things with my heart, a whole different image emerges. 

           Few days ago, I was in my office room & browsing through some old books. One of the book that caught my attention was my own journal from the year 2009 while I was on the treatment for the neck tumor. This has been a journey both of faith & blessing. Faith because God has been there during my treatment. He has seen me through, ensuring I do not suffer much from the treatment with His presence. These to me are already His miracles & I can only praise Him for His faithfulness all the time.

           Dear hummingbird, I have learned over time to count my blessings in the present without projecting much into the future & to appreciate things for the true value. I can choose to be angry when something bad occurred in my life. But each time, I choose to remind myself of the many wonderful blessings that God constantly gave me & for that I believe I do belong here.

          Anyway, this week, I will be celebrating my birthday. Each year, I pledged foods for the unfortunate beggars on the street, old folks at retirement home, kids at the orphanage & people around me. So far, I bought 87 boxes of Domino's Pizzas for everyone, out of 100 boxes that I pledged. I hope God will be kind me as I need to donate another 13 boxes before my birthday this coming Thursday. Cross fingers on that miracles.

         Talking about the girl that I mentioned in my previous letters, few days ago I chatted with her about life & death matters. Quite frankly, she is the kinda girl that talked without thinking twice. For her death means an opportunity to walk in heaven with Him. Now I am not afraid of dying but the part where she mentioned what if one day she died first, what will I do for her is the one that makes me scared. Granted, I might not be someone important in her life but the moment I saw that messages popped up in my Messenger, my mind was like please do not let it happen my God. I did not said this because I loved her but I said this because I felt the world gonna be at the losing end if someone as wonderful as her left the world too little too early. But hopefully whatever she said was another cruel jokes from her. If you ever read this, I hope you remember that somewhere over here, my heart is praying for your well-being, always.

         Until then, have a wonderful weekend wherever you are my hummingbird. I will not give up too fast on you.



p.s

I miss you.


Au Destin,

The Half Moon Serenades.
15th of April 2017. 

No comments: