Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Letters 521: All At Once

"Love is keeping the promise anyway."

- John Green (The Fault in Our Stars, 2012)


To whom I haven't met,

        I have openly shared my life journey because writing is a wonderful therapy for me. We each have our own definition of beautiful life. For instance, some love to remain quiet behind the scene living in their own world while others are partial to share it with the world with a hope that it will inspire some wandering souls out there.

         Yesterday, I went to an old folks home in Kepala Batas to distribute 20 boxes of Domino's Pizza for the residents there as part of my annual birthday week routine. You just need to be here to see this moment. Some of them never tasted pizza in their life. Their 'first time' reaction is priceless. In simple words, love made visible.

          Dear hummingbird, there was a unique tree located at the compound of the old folks home. I stood staring at the tree for a good 10 minutes trying to make sense of the way they trimmed the branches. But I am sorry to say that I didn't do it very well. It was one of those contemporary tree with one bald patch on one side of the tree while another part is full of leaves. But it was a beautiful kind of tree. This tree gave me a good laugh.

           But it also reminded me that I should appreciate life in the present & open my eyes to the beauty that lies around me. Perhaps from a lone tree growing in the crack of the sidewalk of the sunsets with a breathtaking palette of green on one side.

           Sometimes, I, too get pushed along by the currents of life. Thankfully, I have managed to step aside every once in awhile & stop to stand & stare. My reward for those moments of stillness has truly been great. I have seen an old couple walked hand in hand while going on a jog at Penang Botanical Gardens. I have seen a pair of hummingbird in courtship outside of the windows at my office. 

           As previously mentioned in my letters, I am courting a wonderful girl at the moment. I am thankful for everyday since that day 5 months ago when I first opened up about my feelings. I knew way before that this will be one hard journey. Other guys might take a few weeks of courtship to win a girl's heart, but people like me might take a few years to get it. But she is one of the best person I ever met. She has 1000 different smiles that can light up your life just like that. Well, I tried everything, except telling her face to face about it. One thing for sure, I found my strength in courting her.  

           I have to believe. That I deserve one. Because we all do. 


p.s

I know not what lies ahead but if there is tonnes of wishes I can make for my birthday next week, one of that will an opportunity to sincerely tell her the reflections in my heart. Maybe all at once.  



For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.

11th of April 2017.

No comments: