Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Letters 518: The Church, The Wedding & Never Let Her Go



"If you let go, I need to go jump over there to look after you."

- Jack Dawson (Titanic, 1997)


To whom I haven't met yet,

         Actually I did not have a plan to continue my writing in this blog anymore. But apparently one of my childhood friend encourage me to write something, anything related to wedding (she married her sweetheart last Sunday). How can I declined her request right?

         It's been quite awhile since I attended a church wedding where the ceremony where Canon in D by Pachelbel played instead of the usual Bridal March by Wagner. Today, regardless of any races or religions wedding, modern romantic songs are the order of the day (think about any songs by Lady Antebellum for example).

         Wedding can be elaborately expensive or sweet yet simple (like Jane's wedding last Sunday). No matter how memorable that beautiful day turn out to be, it is just one day. The union between the two loving souls, however is a different thing altogether. 

          Dear hummingbird, wedding for me is just a day but a marriage is forever. In this current fast-paced world where divorces & broken relationships is a norm, I am always wondering whether a guy & a girl can really withstand the test of time before & after the marriage? I guess it is a question that cannot be easily answered because every love is unique to each couple. But for me, it is about staying together, for better or for worse. 

          It takes two to tango. The guy always make the first move & leads while never let go his partner's hand at the same time. Only when we can love with memories of good times will we be able to love in hard times. 

          Until then, I think that is all I can write at the moment about the wedding. Each week, there is a small part of me that always telling me, please write for one more time, just one more time. Maybe I will, maybe I am will not. Over the last few days, one of the things I've lost is my smile. I know it doesn't mean a lot to everyone else but it means a lot to me. I think, time is the answer for everything.


p.s

Love is not what the mind thinks, but what the heart feels.



To destiny,

The Half Moon Serenades.
28th of March 2017.


             

No comments: