Thursday, March 23, 2017

Letters 517: The End

"Everything has to come to an end, sometimes.

- Lyman Frank Baum (The Marvelous Land of Oz, 1904)


To whom I haven't met yet,
              
         They said every good things must come to an end. I am pretty sure my blog is part of that 'good things'. How I wish this day never arrived. Sadly, today is the day I will end my blog, a dedication for you, the other half of the sky.

          For the past 11 years, I dedicated my time in putting into words about my life. I told you about everything, as much as I can. Not every day, but almost. I told you about my epic holiday around many countries in the world, I shared with you about my journey battling the neck tumor but most of the time, I told about my thought regarding you. It was the sweetest of sweet memories. 

          Also 11 years ago, I promised you that I will never stop until I finally found you. But I guess, I need to break the promise tonight. It is not the typical 'writer's block' moment. I liked doing it so much. So much until I did not care anymore whether this blog is earning money or not. 

          Dear hummingbird, there was a day, for no particular reason, I decided to write for you a long letter. So I wrote around 1000 words letter for you, The following week, I figured out since I wrote for you a long letter in the previous week, why not I just write a short letter this time. 

          As much as I would like to say tonnes of words to you in my last letter, I think I need to put the past behind. Sometimes, I felt like all this letters brings to nothing. No one stumbled upon it, no one fell in loved with this letter. 

         I don't know if we each have a destiny or maybe we're all just floating around accidental like on a breeze. But I think maybe it is both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. 

        With that, this beautiful memories comes to an end. :')



p.s

I failed but if there is anything you need, I won't be far away.


For the other half of the sky,
The Half Moon Serenades.

23rd of March 2017.

No comments: