Saturday, March 18, 2017

Letters 516: Birthday

"In truth, you are weeping for that which has been your delight."

- Kahlil Gibran (The Prophet, 1923)


To whom I haven't met,

           Well, the weather has gone back to the old ways again here in Penang (hot & very high winds). At present it is blowing a gale outside my house yet the hotness is overwhelming. But I am inside & switching on two air-conditioning units at the same time, so why worry right?

               Last night, I chatted with her about my birthday date. To be honest, I did not even remember about my birthday till she asked about it. Talked about forgetfulness right? Two years ago, I bought 50 cheesecakes for kids at the orphanages/centers & the beggars on the street, the year after that was 100 boxes of Domino's Pizza. I am wondering, what I should buy this year? 

            Anyway, I did not get any birthday cake for the past 8 years. So I hope I have the chance to enjoy your baking one day for my birthday. Do you think I could have a piece of cake some day? I had a great notion on a cook once up in Malacca because she made me some nice tiramisus for my breakfast. Perhaps she was practicing out the old adage of 'road to a man's heart started from his tummy'. As I was never a handsome guy, I put it down to my personality (hahahaha).

            Dear hummingbird, I have never had a chance to properly baked something for someone that I loved. Never mind, i will have all the wee times to ourselves when our day comes. I know at times, I will probably feel as if I am not gonna meet you any time soon, but i will keep my chin up & look forward to the day when you will be home & the period of uncertainty are only a memory.

             516 letters in 10 years still couldn't describe how much I wish you can be here with me, every day, not just on my birthday. And with that remark my angel, I will finish for today as I have some paperwork to do now. God bless you.



p.s

I am not sure whether I should give up after such a long time. I think maybe it is about time I should stop writing anything. But as much I as I am having this writer's block moment, I realized that if I give up right here right now, I might not start it anymore in future. I guess this is what motivated me to tell myself, just one more letter each time. just one more letter. :)


Until my future birthday,

The Half Moon Serenades.
18th of March 2017. 

No comments: