Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Letters 515: The Road Less Traveled

"Your only limit is your soul."

- Remy (Ratatouille, 2007)


To whom I haven't met yet,

           Being mindful of my blessings last weekend brings many bonuses along the way. Such as spending my morning teaching kids, my noon cooking at home, my evening playing hide & seek with kids at the orphanage or my night, listening to music, alone in the room, without any workload piling on the table. I am simply too blessed to be stressed. 

           Each day, I woke up as early as 5.00 a.m., put the laundry to wash & jogged at Penang Botanical Gardens. Some questioned whether my action of jogging is motivate by any causes? The truth is no. Do I need to constantly seek the applause from everyone to a different drumbeat each I did something in my life? I jogged not because I want to tone down the weight. In fact, I did not care about being fat or skinny. I jogged because I want to be as healthy as possible. 

            When I jogged at the Gardens, there was much to observe along the way. I spotted tonnes of wild animals along the jogging path. My Samsung smartphone were dead silent & there was no rush to reply to any work related messages.That is the wonder of jogging inside the real nature. Some took a road less traveled by jogging in the forest instead of luxurious gym. I took that road. Each time I heard skeptical jokes about my action, I just took it as a casual remark to push me onward in the journey of life.

             I prayed to the Power above to push back to the time when everything was normal. He did, even though not exactly as what I wanted. I have been through a bit of roller-coaster ride in the past one month. The potential fallout with her felt horrible at times. But somehow, I never felt overwhelmed. Like I said, it can work one way. I believe all storms will pass & that passed it happened. I am thanking God each day I received words from her. 

              Until then, have yourself a wonderful life there. Have faith, will you? :)


p.s

I miss you.


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
15th of March 2017.    

No comments: