Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Letters 510: A Time to Love

"I I could dream at all, it would be about you."

- Stephenie Meyer (Twilight, 2005)


To whom I haven't met yet,

           Today is 14th of February, popularly known worldwide as Valentine's Day. Those of us who without other half may not fully appreciate the beauty of a bouquet of roses, but it is really true that on this day, love shines brightest in the dark. 

           Love is not all sunshine. There are times when we feel like we are walking through very dark alleys. Today, as I opened the newspaper at my office, I saw a piece of news regarding one husband having extra-marital relationship with a secondary school girl while his wife was on confinement period. Sad right? Some guys in this world did not how to show appreciation to their wife who gave birth to their offspring. At times like this, I believe it is only natural that his wife yearn to see the light of love for one more time.

           Dear hummingbird, I have, in the past 4 years, felt like I was walking through a very dark alley with no end in sight. I thought of giving up in finding you. But life is full of miracles. It is always when I am at the lowest ebb that something invariably happens. Few months ago, I opened up my feelings to someone. It was a huge relieve for me. I told her about things that I wanted to share with you for quite sometimes. Many a story shared may not be remembered by her today but they are the stories that truly matter. 

            There are times when I felt it will be a useless thing to do. It is like an ordinary sparrow going head to head with the majestic eagles that soars above everyone. But I am thankful for the many humbling silence from her lately. They are reminder to me that simplest confession often came with turbulence response but deep in the heart, it also bring the greatest joy. 

            These are experience that add new perspectives & feed the soul. It added strength & teach me to count my blessing by loving others. Until the day arrived, I will continue my journey in search of you. I wish you nothing but the best in your life wherever you are in this world.


p.s

The heart is not like a box that gets filled up. It expands in the size the more I loved you.


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
14th of February 2017.
           

No comments: