Thursday, February 9, 2017

Letters 509: Trial & Sorrow

"People say that eyes are windows to the soul."

- Khaled Hosseini (The Kite Runner, 2003)


To whom I haven't met yet,

           Few days ago, I took the elderly cleaner at my office for a quick lunch at the newly opened Japanese restaurant at The Top. It was unplanned lunch as early in the morning, I overheard the conversation between her & another cleaner about her upcoming birthday outing with eldest son. 

           Over the next hour, we chatted about almost everything. It was a wonderful eye-opening experience. The irony of it all was that this old lady had been the cleaner at my place for the past two years & I had no time to treat her for a lunch other than simple hello even though she was the first person I would meet the moment I stepped into the office. 

           On the other hand, yesterday I went to the shelter home with a big cheesecake to celebrate one of the orphan birthday. Halfway there, I accidentally dropped that cheesecake on the seat of my car. Well, as there was no other alternative, I went to Starbucks & purchased a new cheesecake, doubled the price. The girl requested for a new shirt but I ended buying four new shirts for her (blame it on my lack of shopping skills).
          
           Anyway hummingbird, in the noon, few clients asked me to accompany them for karaoke session in Queensbay Mall. They even put RM 1000 on the table with a bet that I can't belt out the song without looking at the lyrics. But little that they know I actually can & they ended poorer by RM 1000. It is not a lot of money but I do not mind belting out rap songs too if they doubled up the bet. 

            About her, saying those words actually turned out to be a wonderful diversion in the journey of my life. To be honest, whether she will respond to the words or simply ignoring it does not matter as for me, my main hope is that she lived her life to the fullest wherever she ended up one day. But of course, sometimes we chatted a lot too. She mentioned about how bored she is with her current life. All I can say to her is to be patience & let the life color itself. I liked her, all of her. Her flaws, her mistakes, her silly questions, her imperfections. I wish that she will never stop believing in herself.

            Until then, have yourself a wonderful life out there. 


p.s

Always remember, behind every trial & sorrow, He makes us stronger. God always have a reason.


You will be the apple of my eyes,

The Half Moon Serenades.
9th of February 2017.

No comments: