Saturday, February 4, 2017

Letters 508: Of Journey, Hope & Love

"Some birds are not meant to be caged."

- Stephen King (Rita Hayworth & the Shawshank Redemption, 1982)


To whom I haven't met yet, 

              For me, everyone needs a break once in awhile. The basic understanding is that people who are less stressed are healthier, happier & livelier. Well, I am not sure whether everyone shared the sentiment with me, but I reckon that all of us can actually have a long break if we try harder. 

               Each time I asked my colleagues to get away for recharge, they will always give me tonnes of excuses. Yours truly here however is completely a different person from them. At least one month in a year, I will take a month long break from the work & go on vacation in places around Malaysia or if God permitted, any countries in this world. Occasionally during my trip, I get a chance to talk to strangers. I heard stories from there, some is a joy to listen, but mostly a heart-breaking one.

                Indeed my hummingbird, life is all about making choices. We may occasionally make the wrong turns. I did tonnes of wrong turns in my life. But I take those detours as useful lessons until my life truly enriched with positiveness. I guess the secret to living in a busy world is to slow down & make time for ourselves. I am thankful for all those trips that I did for the past few years.

                  Currently I am in pursuit of happiness. In fact things in picking up quite faster that I expected in business. Not a single day passed by without me saying thank you to the Power above for making things easier day in day out. Hopefully everything will be just fine through the year of 2017. 

                   Talking about hope, I can only wish that the girl I currently courted remain hopeful in her life. I know it is not easy for people at her age to make life changing decision. But I hope she embrace the reality that every day is a new beginning. I believe if she put a high hope in her life, she will see that everything is not so hopeless after all. It is like when we looks at things with our heart & not just with our eyes or hearsay from others, a different picture emerges. In case you ever stumbled upon this paragraph (I believe you know who you are), never give up & follow your heart in making decision, will you? :)

                     Until then, put in your heart the fact that all this 508 letters was in fact, part of a journey in search of you. Only when we can love in tough times then we will able to love in good times.


p.s

I wish the best of life for you, without asking for anything, but to be okay. That is love that I found in my heart.


Yours truly,

The Half Moon Serenades.

4th of February 2017. 

No comments: