Monday, January 30, 2017

Letters 507: A Glimpse of Heaven

"You have to love something before you can hate it."

- Nicholas Sparks (The Last Song, 2009)


To whom I haven't met yet,

            As I take a sit at the table waiting for the Chinese New Year reunion dinner to begin, I heard two uncles next to me discussing something about their life. They noticed that young parents these days (my cousins) worry about the child's college education even when their baby is barely able to walk. 

            Dear hummingbird, I could not help but to agree with them silently in mind. In my life, I saw young parents work too hard in order to maximize their income capacity. The joy of parenting takes second as they focused their energy towards work. Sometimes, I do not understand why some people too fixated on the future until they lose out on what the present can give to them.

            To be honest, I have been much blessed by God in my life. Some people asked me how can I be so lucky & remain positive amidst the many negative people that appeared around me day by day. For me, life is a journey full of trials & tribulations. It is not like I am Mr.Perfect. I did cry few times. But I did not show it or mention about it publicly. I can be moved by my surroundings but unless I continue my journey, they are just sad emotions, soon entrenched deep in the heart.

             There are many things that money can buy depending on one capability in life.There are also many things that money cannot buy such as time, values & love. I am always amazed how easy some guys managed to court girl that they liked. I must confess, for the first time, I am speechless when I told her that I liked her. But you know what was the best part of telling her about it? It is a question that cannot be easily answered because every courting is unique. Two different people with two different mindset is a challenge itself. Anyway, the best part of writing to her was that piece of e-mail itself give me strength to carry on, one step at a time. Every message from her without any rejection is indeed a bonus because I know the chance is close to nothing. I guess that is what journey in life is all about.

            I am thankful that there is this silver lining in my life all the time. I hope wherever you are in this world, life will always be nice to you too. Until then, have yourself a wonderful celebration.


p.s

To love is to receive the glimpse of heaven.



Yours sincerely,

The Half Moon Serenades.
30th of January 2017.

No comments: