Monday, January 23, 2017

Letters 506: Faith

"You don't have to understand but you just have to have faith, faith in destiny."

- Sara Thomas (Serendipity, 2001)


To you whom I haven't met yet,

             For me, there is joy in both giving & receiving if we did it in the right spirit. You see life is not all sunshine. There are times when some of us feel like we are walking through very dark back alley. People said, boys don't cry but it is fine to cry once in awhile. 

             I cried before in my life. There was a time when I went to give the old folks at retirement home Christmas presents, their words just simply, heart-breaking. I got into my car & tears streamed down. But as hard as we cried, we also need to be brave to face the reality named world. Life for me is a faith.

            Talking about my life in the past few days. I do not understand why humans can be so cruel to each other. The ladies at my office organized this so called 'ladies day out' for Chinese New Year late shopping. Everyone but this one young lady. Not just they did not asked her, they even have the guts to tell her that she need to rest more (her face scared because of splashed hot cooking oil few weeks back).

            Dear hummingbird, I can see the 'wanting' in her eyes. So I went up to her & asked if she mind going out for breakfast with this fatty bum bum (yours truly of course & yes usually my face is thicker than the Great Wall of China) the next day. To my surprise, she said yes of course. Make it short, that breakfast turned into hilarious shopping experiences. Hilarious because your man here went to a shoe store, try a pair of shoes, only to be told by the salesgirl that the shoes is meant for woman.

          Anyway, I have no shame to be honest. It is just hanging out, not even a date. If I think carefully, I remember I went out a midget lady, a plump woman, a grandmother (not mine), even a prostitute (no sexual incident, thank God). My life is indeed a blessing.

          About the courting, I've confessed to her with no expectations only to profess. It is not gonna be easy, it is gonna be very hard but I want to do that. It does not matter whether she is in a good mood, bad mood, ugly mode, pretty mode or whatever she gonna be tomorrow. After all, I am just another guy, telling a girl, that I liked her very much.

           Until then, have yourself a wonderful day ahead. 


p.s

I am just exactly where I want to be. :)



To destiny,

The Half Moon Serenades.
23rd of January 2017. 

No comments: