Thursday, January 19, 2017

Letters 505: Of Love, Hope & Scrabble

"And in this moment I swear, we are infinite."

- Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower, 1999)


To you whom I haven't met yet,

              I don't know if I will have the time to sit down properly for a lunch & dinner, because lately I was so busy with work. I have been waking up early, as early as 5.30 a.m. in the past few weeks. You know that kind of time when sunrise is still some time off & the birds have yet to start their chirping. Yes, that kind of time. 

               I took the opportunity to wake up & went for a slow jog or walk at Penang Botanical Gardens. It is a good time to pause, reflect & pray. It was not just about my own life in which I am grateful day by day, but also reflection about people around me. 
              Penang Botanical Gardens was a place where tonnes of scenes happened in my life. It was the first botanical garden that I visited in my life. It used to be less crowded unlike today where it looks more like a Tsukiji Fish Market in Japan. Can you imagine, the first I visited this place 20 years ago, a monkey snatched the apple that I hold in my hand? From that moment, I hold everything tightly each time I entered this place. But I never afraid of coming here again. Each time I came here, I hope there will be less drama, less monkeys & less chaos.

              Every day begins with hope. The moment I stepped out from my house, I prayed & hope for a good weather because if the rains come, there goes my smooth drive to office. But how do we remain hopeful? I know it is not too easy. But a good start is to embrace the reality that every day is a new beginning. 

               I mean I wake up every morning not knowing what gonna happen or who I am going to meet or where I am going to end up. Just the other day, I drove all the way to Ipoh for a plate of taugeh chicken rice, had my lunch with bunch of strangers.

               Dear hummingbird, life is a gift. I do not intend on wasting it knowing that I did not give myself a chance to tell a girl that I currently courting. Every morning, I messaged her good wishes, hoping that she have a better day ahead. Maybe it is kinda annoying for her but I hope she learn to take life as it comes to her. As the day comes to an end, I wish her good night, hoping she have sweetest of sweet dreams & to make each sleep counts. I just want her to end the day without losing any hope. 

               As I put a stop for this letter to you, I just want you to know that I will continue my search for you. People said that this searched will end up as nothing. But you are my world. One day, when you finally read all my letters, I want you to know, somewhere out there before, there is someone who never lose his hope in finding you.

               Until then, have yourself a wonderful day hummingbird.


p.s

Yours truly here took a day off from work & went to the old folks home. One of the old man asked me to play Scrabble with him. Actually I can destroy him in the game. But I just pretend my vocabulary is the standard of primary school student & let him win.That happy face (he went around bragging about defeating me) is way much precious for me. That is love. 


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.

19th of January 2017.

No comments: