Friday, January 13, 2017

Letters 504: Moving On

"If I knew you could hear me, I would say our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."

- Tyler Keats Hawkins (Remember Me, 2010)


To whom I haven't met yet,

              I saw a lot of people living a messy life. It is funny in a sad way how one was trapped & hung on to 2016 while 2017 is here, right in front of them. So messy that they found themselves drowning & gasping for air in seas of problem.

               I tried to talk with a female colleague about one heart-wrenching incident in her life (divorce). The conversation itself was heart-wrenching & hard for both of them. She was hurt because she found out that all this while her church-going husband involved in extra-marital affair. If I know this conversation ripped her wound apart, I will never ask her to share the painful story of her husband infidelity. 

               The conversation ended but before that, she told despite all the explanation & apologies uttered by her husband, none of them was happy because they did not attain the closure needed in order to move on.

                Dear hummingbird, moving on is something easy yet difficult in so many ways. I was beyond mess through the last quarter of 2013. I was literally having mental breakdown whenever I was alone. But as time goes by, I moved on in my life & cast the mental breakdown away. I found myself smiling again. Just like that. I contributed my energy in helping the orphan at shelter home & the old folks at retirement home. I've lost a lover but I've gained a meaningful life. I forgave her because there is a tiny part of my heart which is full with fond memory of her. 

                  For few years, I abstained myself from being in any sort of relationship. But last December, I told myself it is time to give my heart one more chance. I am not closing this chapter of my life, I am just writing a new ones. It is a new life after all. I want to fly kite & court someone again. Yes, I know I can't make the girl I currently courted liked me, but I can always make her happy.

                   That is what love & moving on is all about. 



p.s   

One day, I will love you not because of the way you look or the way you talk. It is because of all the unnoticed acts from you, the acts that makes me smile.



For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
13th of January 2017.

No comments: