Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Letters 502: Angels

"It is quiet now. So quiet that you can almost hear other people's dreams."

- Gayle Forman (If I Stay, 2009)


To whom I haven't met yet,

       Here I am again for another letter to you (the first in 2017, the 502nd in 10 years). It was a long period of time & did you remember not too long ago, I mentioned that perhaps it is time for me to stop my writing soon? I told you that maybe the time is up & I should not wait anymore. Well, the truth is I am not.

       How can I stop writing when all this writing has been so inspiring & amazing right? For some people, my letters have been depressing & disheartening to read through. But I am proud of it because it is one of the way for me to keep me sane after long hours of work.

        Dear hummingbird, in future I know I do no need to seek refuge in my letters because my soul has found not just a shelter but a home in your heart. I am very sure it will be the last. *cross-fingers*

        As for the year 2017, I started the year with a bang. Like a real bang. The business flourished as expected after working days & nights. Also, I did few stuff from the bucket list. I brought my mom to few places that she longed to go before. Well, few days before 2016 ended, I wrote an e-mail to someone (not that she came from other states, Penangite through & through), telling her that about my feelings. Thank God I did that as I might regret if I kept it longer in my heart. Whether it is a success is another matter though, maybe not perhaps.

         Today letter is a short one as I am not feeling very well due to weird weather pattern for the past few days. But I just want you to know in future, I believe that as long as we know how feel for each other, we will be fine.

           In fact, we will be more than fine because you will be my angel.


p.s

Life always offers us a chance. Maybe not today, but it is called tomorrow.


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
4th of January 2016.      

No comments: