Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Letters 499: Of Four-Leaf Clover, Love & Luck

"Life cannot be captured, human heart cannot be captured."

- Parker Wilson (Hachiko: A Dog's Tale, 2009)


To whom I haven't met yet,

          It is getting harder to relax & enjoy my life as the year coming towards the end. To put in simple words, it looks like my business is picking up & requiring me to be busy quite often. There is nothing much I can do about it so I suppose I just to need to face it & keep my spirits high as time goes by.

          Anyway, do you believe in luck? For the past few years, I've met quite a few people that admire me for my ideas & life. Often in this interactions though, I find myself being very down to earth & almost coy about it. Whilst I know & feel that I deserve it, I always playing it down by saying I just got lucky. 

           That is however only one part of the truth. My definition of luck is definitely about the sense of being at the right place, at the right time. I had the guts, optimism & belief to pursue whatever impossible things in my life. 

            The first few years after I finished up my life as a student, it was hard. It was a learning process full of obstacles. I sacrificed much of my life to built self-confidence & career much to sheer disbelief from my friends who were just happy too happy to kiss the ass of their bosses. 

              Can you imagine eating your breakfast, lunch & dinner in your car? I did that. If I counted properly, I am pretty sure I can remember how many times I dropped my water tumbler on the passenger seat next to me just because I do not have enough time to go out & sit in a restaurant for dinner. But that is life. The hard work & with little luck, I am who I am at this moment while some of my friends struggling with credit card debt, car loan payment & housing mortgage.

                Dear hummingbird, each time I wrote you a letter here in my blog, I really hope that one day you will be able to read it & understand the beauty of my life. Sometimes, life is suck to the maximum but most of the times, it is just beautiful. 499 letters still not good enough to describe how much I hope I can share it face to face with you one day. 

                 Still i would not do any grumbling as I finish off this letter for you. Well, another one less to write before the New Year comes. 


p.s

Another day nearer to the end of the year & always another day less in search of you. Luck, my girl, will always be there in our pursuit of happiness.


To destiny,

The Half Moon Serenades.
21st of December 2016.    

No comments: