Saturday, December 10, 2016

Letters 497: Of Love, Life & Starry Starry Night

"If you want something, go get it, period."

- Chris Gardner (The Pursuit of Happyness, 2006)


To whom I haven't met yet,

            My housing area is not a quiet place. Cars honk & bikes rev. At the same time, the aunties & uncles sometimes test their vocal chords at odd hours of the night especially when they are playing mahjongs. But thank God, my house main door is soundproof & my Beats by Dr.Dre certainly helps too.

            However, my favorite time of day was actually night. My typical routine after dinner on non-working night was to head to my balcony, lie back on the rocking chair & look at the star-encrusted inky sky while listening to nice songs in Joox. Sometimes, I even spotted super big full moon. I bet some of my friends was envious as their night view are often blocked by huge skyscrapers. 

            Dear hummingbird, as I mentioned in previous letters, hot & cold weather have been recurrent themes for me this past few weeks. Over time, my body has also somewhat get used to this weird weather pattern. I hope this good run of health will continue until next year. 

           Today letter is a short one as yours truly here is quite busy restoring the old gramophone since morning. It has been a fast moving year for me. For the past 497 letters including this one, I shared with you my ups & downs. There is part of me you will never know, I will never deny it. But we will be fine one day. In fact, we will be more than fine. 

            Until then, my heart will expands in size as time goes by.


p.s

Forever is a long time but I would not mind spending it with you.


Starry starry night is life,

The Half Moon Serenades.
10th of December 2016.

No comments: