Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Letters 496: Love is Patience & Kind

"Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine."

- Rick Blaine (Casablanca, 1942)


To whom I haven't met yet,

           Another letter to you & another letter nearer to the end of 2016. But tomorrow is one special day. Tomorrow, I will finish off the last treatment for my neck problem, for good. Who would have thought that all this would ever finish? It is amazing knowing this painful yet colorful journey will finally come to happy ending. 

            For the past few years, I was engulfed by this mixed feelings, a mixture of different feeling at the same time. Sometimes, it makes me feel off balance but the most of the time, it was in a good way. 

            Anyway, I rarely shared my personal problem with others, not with family, not with my loved ones. It is not that I am too secretive but when I did shared stuff with them, I could see it in their eyes, the unnecessary tears. I am a positive person, in fact I will always smile even there is no hope or no more solutions. This past few years, I have been fighting with myself, trying hard not to be all tearful & emotional. Yet, I am really touch for the fact that there is still some people cared about me. Through their caring heart, I've learned what love is.

            Dear hummingbird, I am trying to be brave for tomorrow. I know few hours of pain will pass by like a gush of wind before I even realize how fast time fly. By the time November 2017 is here, I will be in airplane traveling all over the world again, just like few weeks ago. 

            I should have gone to bed now because it is going to be a long day tomorrow. But as you might know one day, I am the kind of person that like to roll here, roll there, roll everywhere on the bed before I can go close my eyes & sleep. Sometimes, I counted the blinking stars for no particular reason. 

           It is going to be a night to remember, as always. One day, we will share the same blinking stars, together. 


p.s

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7


And we created you in pairs – Quranic Verse – 78:8



For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
12th of December 2016.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello halfmoon serenade, how are you after your treatment? I hope everything went well and that you are on your way to complete healing with God's grace. God bless you and your mother... ~JS