Thursday, November 10, 2016

Letters 493: It's Not Goodbye


"And if time is on our side, there will be tears to cry on down the road."

- Laura Pausini (It's Not Goodbye, 2003)


To whom I haven't met yet,

            Well, here I am again for another little talk before I am going for my annual month long travel across Peninsula Malaysia & Europe. Hopefully I can manage to say a lot to you in this 493rd letter for you before I continue my daily routine of walking at Penang Botanical Gardens.

             As mentioned, starting from next Tuesday & for the next 29 days, I will be going for another epic annual driving journey, this time covering states in Peninsula Malaysia such as Perak, Selangor, Malacca (yes, the bittersweet state which I once vowed not to set my foot but I changed my mind due to tasty assam pedas & pineapple tart), Johor, the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur before flying over to Paris in France (if the migrant riots there cooling down). 

            Will you believe me my hummingbird if I said travel makes one modest? I believe by traveling, I can see what a tiny place we occupy in this beautiful earth. That is the glory of traveling as far as I am concerned. I don't really care what people are talking about like for example, I am wasting my money when the fact is not how much money I will spent actually in my mind. It was about spending momentous time with my mother. I hope one day, it will be with you too.

             Dear you, I can't think of anything excites a greater sense of childlike wonder in me other than to be in new places where I can be ignorant in almost everything. Out of nowhere, I can be like a ten years old boy again, wandering aimlessly tasting great food. I guess this is how my whole existence become a series of interesting guesses. 

              10 years passed by since I started to dedicate a letter a week to you. People said that my life is weird but I guess this is what life is all about, a mystery. To wake up every morning not knowing what gonna happen, whom I am gonna met, this is a beautiful life.

               But rest assured, one day, when I finally met you, you & me will live this beautiful life forever & a day. Someday, love is gonna lead you back to me.


p/s

Until we say our next hello, it is not a goodbye. :)


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
10th of November 2016.

No comments: