Saturday, November 5, 2016

Letters 492: A Birthday for Mother

"If you can love someone with your whole heart, even one person, then there is salvation in life, even if you cannot get together with that person."

- Haruki Murakami (1Q84,2010)

Dear mother,

            You're amazing. I am writing to you with words of absolute thank you not just because tomorrow is your 57th birthday but for everything.          
  
             You as I know most of the time, always understand the little child inside of me. Sometimes, you treated me like an infant. I am sure if you have to choose between catching a flying ball of opportunity & saving my life, you will choose to save my life without even considering how rough the part is in front of you. 

              Sure God created man before woman, but then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece aren't you? Don't get me wrong, it is not about saying you, my mother, is better than me. But after all, every guy is forever in their debt to a mother.

               Nowadays, I tried my best to make you happy. We've been through all ups & downs together in our life. 

               Did you remember counting the coins with me on the floor when I was in secondary school so I can pay the Penang Yellow Bus fare to my primary school? I will never forget that. That is one of the reason why each time you asked me to bring you to anywhere with my car, I hardly say no. In fact, we went all the way to Bangkok & Singapore with my old faithful car.

                Did you remember when people insulted me with lots of bad words, you defended me valiantly like a warrior? Nowadays I don't even think twice to defend you if anyone hurts your feelings. 

                I lost the count on how many times I need to rush you to hospital because of your heart condition. As your only son, I was there as doctors tried to save you. God knows how my heart broken into pieces standing alone at the coronary unit corridor in the hospital waiting for you, few hours after I broke up with my other half. But I need to be strong because I know you need me to be strong. I am not upset about it. In fact, I am blessed because I make the right decision to stay with you through that fateful month.

                 Anyway, i just want you to know that I loved you so much & you are my everything forever & a day. i will make sure you enjoy the remaining days in your life, the best way possible. Until then, have yourself a wonderful celebration with me tomorrow.

Happy 57th birthday mom. :)



p/s

Dear hummingbird, today I dedicated this letter to my mother as tomorrow is her big day. But I just want you to know, in future, I will make sure that I will love you & your mother as much as I loved my own mother. :)


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
5th of November 2016.             

No comments: