Saturday, September 24, 2016

Letters 486: The Heart that Speaks

"Extraordinary things are always hiding in the places people never think to look."

- Jodi Picoult (My Sister's Keeper, 2005)


To whom I haven't met yet,

           It's been a crazy few weeks. I've been so busy on various stuff that basically all my free time has been spend. The good news is that I've recently finished some works & with a couple of weeks before anything comes in, I'm enjoying a bit of free time.  

            You see, after working constantly, I have no idea what to do now that nothing is occupying my mind. So yesterday, I woke up determined to enjoy myself but still, I could not think of anything I would like to do. I did what any guy with a PlayStation 4, Netflix & 52 inches television would never do, I got productive. I did the dishes, tonnes of laundry (hand washes mind you), plastered the broken cabinet (refer to my previous letter) & taught myself how to converse in Korean for no particular reason. Trust me my hummingbird, none of these activities were overly enjoyable.

             Life as a grown up is not as fun as some people thought in their mind. When faced with impeding free time, all I did was surfing the YouTube, looking at the video clip of dogs pretending to be dead or throwing grapes on the air hoping it landed into my mouth. But I realize, no matter how hard I refuse, I need to accept that I am a grown up. 

             Dear you, I do not recall what I got for my tenth birthday & I don't know when I went on my first trip. But surely, I will remember the first time I heard your voice, from the heart that speaks. 


p/s

You will be proud of me one day. I am one step closer of achieving my dream of beautiful life. The only question is whether the life can be completed with you. Until then, have a beautiful weekend hummingbird.


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
24th of September 2016.
    

No comments: