Sunday, September 18, 2016

Letters 485: Of Doraemon & Letting Go

"Have you ever found God in church? I never did. I just found a bunch of folks hoping for Him to show up. Any God I felt in church I brought in with me & I think all the folks did too. They came to church to share God, not find God.

- Alice Walker (The Color Purple, 1982)



To whom I haven't met yet,

           Yesterday, the book shelf that held my collection of Doraemon manga collapsed. I was in a dilemma. Should I get a new shelf or should I just put it into boxes at my storeroom? 

           I decided that I should let the collection go. Trust me, there was no shortage of takers in Carousell. But in the end, I gave the collection to a close friend of mine because she is a huge fan of Doraemon. 

           Dear you, letting go is never easy. But it can be wonderfully refreshing to let go our precious material possession especially if they are in good condition & can still be if use to someone else. 

            Life is about learning to let go emotional feelings. It could be the hatred because a close friend deserting us in our day of need. It could be the sadness because of missed opportunity in our love life. Or even unfounded fears that keep us from moving forward.

              We need to let them go. We should start with the ones that hurts because they are the heaviest burdens of all. The healing begins with a forgiving heart. That is real freedom.

               Until then, have yourself a wonderful weekend, hummingbird.


p/s

Through love, thorns become roses.


To destiny, 

The Half Moon Serenades,
18th of September 2016. 

No comments: