Saturday, September 3, 2016

Letters 483: Where Life Begins

"After all, tomorrow is another day."

- Scarlett O'Hara (Gone With the Wind, 1939)


To whom I haven't met,

           I've never felt so cold in my life. We all have the same complaint of feeling the change in the weather very much. After all these months of hot days, yesterday (Friday) the rain poured down for exactly 5 hours. So here I am, suffering from high fever (40 degrees Celsius according to the cute doctor).

            Anyway today, I spent most of my spare time resting at home carrying out minor repairs to my bedroom. A few bricks & stones here & there & all the bits of stuff have all been tucked into spaces. Another thing is that I have found a few bits of timber & made a little cabinet so I can put all my Murakami's books in proper place. 

             By the way, did you know what high fever can do to a man? I had roast turkey, roast potatoes, peas, beans & gravy, followed by rice & orange & Darjeeling tea. What a feed I had that evening. I should mention that the peas & beans were the best I ever ate in my life. However, I didn't finish it all & kept a bit for breakfast tomorrow. 
         
               Dear hummingbird, well that is not the best part (or should I say the saddest part). Here I come to a very sad incident. You see, I put what left inside a container & accidentally left it outside of my house. Suddenly I heard a queer noise outside & being very brave, I went out to investigate & I was just in time to see a couple of dogs finish my expected breakfast. Of course as I was the one who put it there, I got all the blame. Poor, poor me.

               Before I ended this letter, just to let you know my next great trip in November might take me to the land of Eiffel Tower. Yes, you got it right, France. Until then, have yourself a wonderful weekend wherever you are.


 p/s

You is where life begins, again & love never ends.

For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
3rd of September 2016 

No comments: