Saturday, August 27, 2016

Letters 482: Of Heart, Loss & Treasure

"Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself."

- Dr.Sean Maguire (Good Will Hunting, 1997)


To whom I haven't met yet,

             If I ask one of my friend about a writer, she probably will give me the details of everybook ever written by him (Haruki Murakami). She will,for sure, tell me everything about him, his country (Japan), his personal life & even something not related to him. But I'll bet she can't tell me what it smells like in Japan because she never been there.

              If I ask my male colleague about women, they probably give me a syllabus  about their personal favourites based on their long list of girlfriends. But I am pretty sure they can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman & feels truly happy

               If I ask a poet about love, most probably they will quote me a sonnet. But I bet that they never looked at a woman & been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feelings like God put an angel on earth just for you, who could rescue you from depths of hell.

               Dear hummingbird, the truth is people do not know about the real loss because it only occurs when you have loved someone or something more than yourself. I doubted that I will ever dared to love you that much one day. 

               I am not perfect & let me save you a suspense, I am not good looking too. But the question is whether or not we are perfect for each other? And I hope the answer will be yes. People will label our love as imperfections. But I will be fine, & I know you will be fine too. In fact, we will be more than fine.   

               Until then, have yourself a wonderful holiday this Wednesday.



p/s

Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.


To destiny,

The Half Moon Serenades.
27th of August 2016.   

No comments: