Sunday, July 31, 2016

Letters 478: The Fragrance of Modest Wild Flowers

"Both thorns & thistles it shall bring forth to you."

- Genesis 3:18 (New King James Version)


To whom I haven't met yet,

              Thorns & thistles. It refers to things in our life that bring us discomfort, torment & judgement. I used to wonder whether this term is applicable for someone or something. But as time goes by, I know it does. 

              Dear hummingbird, in our lives, we will bump into someone who will look down on us. You know, the kind of 'perfect nerdy' human that will shake & watch us drift into unknown hole. Their words mislead us into thinking that we have no right to think & imperfect. In simple words, those who do not respect us as a human in equal.

              But I want you to remember this. Take this opportunity to learn from all the people from different walk of life which you met, include them. Never allow others to shape into someone whom they want you to be. I never met you, yet, but I know you are better than that. I am better than that.

              Only throught the existing of all the thorns & thistles in your life, you will learn to appreciate the fragrance of a modest wild flower. At the end of the day, it is not about the person who hurts you, but the person who truly loves & supports you that matters. 
 
                           

p/s

I will always love you, through the thorns & thistles in your life. 


To where you are,

The Half Moon Serenades.
31st of July 2016.

No comments: