Saturday, July 23, 2016

Letters 477: Of Horror & Love Movies

"It maybe unfair but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime."

- Khaled Hosseini (The Kite Runner, 2003)


To whom I haven't met yet,

            Instead of watching Ghostbusters on AXN, I watched Me Before You. Yes, a love movie. For the past few years, I tried not to indulge myself in love movies because I did not live in it anymore. Once, I heard people said that by believing in love story. we are lying to ourselves.

             But who's the right one? The one who believe in love or the one who didn't believe in love? I believe the latter is the wrong ones. Sometimes, I feel that I am running away from love. I am not gay or the next Caitlyn Jenner. I am still the kind of man that who believes in love & everything related to it. 

             After my broke up few years back, there is time I don't believe that love will ever exist in my life but at the same time, I know it is just a melodrama. I will always be in love with someone. Someday, I will find my own 'Louisa' like William does in the movie. I know that someday, when my other half of the sky shows up in my life, I'll be her real man. 

             Dear hummingbird, I don't care how many times is going to get hurt or how many break up I will encounter because I believe one day, that other half of the sky will seize & love me with all her heart as how I love her. She will be the one that listen to my crazy words & funny craps I said & still think I'm cute. Someone who doesn't laugh at my physical appeareance but instead laugh with me for the silly things we did. Someone who is brave enough.

             Until then, I will live my life as if it is the last one. I will be happy & never give up, for just one more love.


p/s

I am thinking, will you be the kind of girl that prefer horror or love genre? If we ever watched a horror movie together one day & both of us ended up laughing instead shivering, I will pat myself on my shoulder because I know, you are the other half of my sky.


For you,

The Half Moon Serenades.
23rd of July 2016.  

No comments: