Saturday, July 2, 2016

Letters 474: An Ocean of Secret

When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”

- Harry Burns (When Harry Met Sally, 1989)



To whom I haven't met yet,

         I have no idea that my life is going to change somewhere in the night of July 2013. Yet, it changed & still changing.

         People around me have seen my best & they have also seen me in my worst moment. There were times in which I failed to see & feel the happiness. There were times in which I took happiness for granted & let myself to be blinded by my own selfish needs. But thanks to God, I found my way back. 

          It has been three years. There were times in which I felt that I was never fully heal. I have been drifting out of love from others in order to compensate this hollow feeling within & perhaps to feel better about myself. But thanks to God again, He was there in my heart. 

         Sometimes, it takes more than one heartbreak to make a guy realize how foolish he has been. Sometimes, mistakes do more good than harm to a guy. And sometimes, it takes years, numerous heartbreaks, plenty of tears to make a person realize who is truly there for him. I think I never regret in making all the mistakes. I never regret falling in love with all the wrong people. For all of these have taught me great life lessons. It makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right person comes along.

          Dear hummingbird, I believe that one day, I do not need to seek refuge in my letters anymore. Because when I met you, my soul has found not a shelter, but a home, in your heart. 

           They said woman's heart is an ocean of secret. I will never deny this statement. There is part of you that I will never know. But I believe, that as long as we know how we feel for each other, we will be fine.

           In fact we will be more than fine. This I promise you.


p/s

I will return. I will find you. Love you. And live without any shame.


To destiny,

The Half Moon Serenades.
2nd of July 2016. 

No comments: