Friday, June 10, 2016

Letters 471: A Walk to Remember

Khalil Gibran once said: 

"I slept & I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke & I saw that life is all service. I served & I saw that service is joy."


To whom I haven't met yet, 

            Your world & mine is full of fake noise. We often have to stress ourselves to listen to the real words instead of fake noises. But I am thankful because my spirit is not broken by the fake noises. Life is though but I am still counting the blessing from God.
 
               As I walked inside the Gurney Plaza Mall yesterday, the memories came back into my mind. You see, for half of my life, this mall was 'the mall', the mall for the rich & famous.

             Few years back when I was in my junior year at college, going to this mall is truly a pain in my ass. I need to change at least three buses in order to reach here. When others favourite shop is Nike or adidas flagship store, mine was Popular bookstore, not because I am cheapskate but the money in my wallet is just enough for the bus fare.

              I still remember the 16 hours a day work as tutor just to fulfil my own birthday wish of buying Nike shoes at this mall.

              But as time goes by, today as I walk into the mall, the feelings completely different. No more worrying about bus fare (the car park however is the new pain in my ass). No more worrying about whether I have enough cash to buy stuff (the only problem is locating the nearest ATM).

               Dear you, time & hard work is the name of the game. When I see the youngsters came for the job interview at my place, I know that this young blood was me few years ago. 

                These are the kinda stories I like to tell you because in the telling, I am moved to pursuit my happiness in my beautiful world, as I hope you will too hummingbird.


p/s

These past 10 years of writing letters to you have been a journey of a lifetime. I am thankful that God still blessing me with just one more day & just one more chance to make it right. If you ever read all my letters one day, know that i will never be far away.



For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.
10th of June 2016.
 
   

No comments: