Saturday, May 28, 2016

Letters 469: For One More Day



Oscar Wilde once said:

"“You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.”

To whom I haven't met yet,

             Now you must excuse my short letter today. As you can guess, I have been a little busier than usual for almost two weeks & together with the present weather conditions, one hasn' the spirit to sit down & write letters. 

              Believe it or not, the only place for me to get a good rest will be in cafe where I took my daily lunch. Try & write yourself someday with the old grandmother & grandfather sitting next to you. Candidly, these are the worst month of the year for me & there is a lot more can be said about the weird weather pattern. However in spite of all these trials, I am perfectly well & so far have had no ill effects from the weather. The hot tomyum that I ate for the past few days is a big help!

              Anyway, many stories shared over a cup of tea may not be retold at our memorial, but they are stories that truly matter. People said I am stupid because I wrote 469 letters to you with a hope that it will be part of your step in knowing me just a little bit more one day. But little did they know that in letters like these, my words are truly the perfect way that can zoom into the smallest of detail or capture the panaromic view in a beautiful way.

              Dear you, have you ever woke up all alone late at night wondering what the future holds & suddenly you received a message from someone that reassured you that all would be well? Or how about when you were so deeply crushed to pieces by someone in relationship & out of nowhere, you received supportive message by strangers? 

               These are the real words in our lives. My life. As I read my previous letters for you, I am grateful because I am blessed in every way possible by God. These are the kinds of stories I like to tell you because in the writing, I know I have a life well lived.

                Until then, have yourself a beautiful life too, hummingbird.


p/s

For long after the tears have stopped flowing, long after the eloquent letters are forgotten, it is those act of love from me that I hope will live in you, forever more. 


For the other half of the sky,

The Half Moon Serenades.

28th of May 2016.  

No comments: