Sunday, May 1, 2016

Letters 465: Colours of Destiny

F. Scott Fitzgerald once said:

"There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice."  


To whom I haven't met yet,


             Whenever I'm free in the morning, I usually walk around the lush green field of Penang Botanical Gardens.  It was on one such trip when I met this old man pushing an old woman on a wheelchair. Most of the times, I exchanged smiles with them, after which bid each other good bye & I went my way. I also found out they were married for more than 50 years & I deduced she was wheelchair bound for quite a long time.

             One day,  I realized the man was squatting in front of the wheel chair, massaging the woman’s feet. The care with which he did it, as if he were touching something sacred, the gentleness with which he spoke to her, as would a mother speaking to her only child, all that struck a cord within my spirit. I stood there mesmerized about how lovely this old couple.

              Now I don’t know how far those two have come to get where they are today, what quarrels, arguments they’d had, but somehow, they never lost sight of what mattered most. That & the fact that they probably dealt with their mutual challenges in a way that made love blossom in their lives.

               It might not even have been ‘they’, sometimes it just takes one person to not lose sight of what matters during the thick of things and to sacrifice a bit of their ego, to give love a chance to grow further. They serve as a reminder to us, that romantic fairy tales do exist. Perhaps, the best love in our life, is the love that waiting patiently for us at home, the one who will love you forever & always.

           Dear hummingbird, I hope one day, we can always be like them, perhaps much better. I will love you not just because for who you are only, but for who I am when I am with you. I am looking forward to a better future for us because I believe in my destiny.



p/s

If you ever lost along the way, follow the stars home. 


To destiny,

The Half Moon Serenades. 

1st of May 2016.

No comments: