Sunday, March 6, 2016

Letters 460: Of Voices, Belief & Hope

Florence Allshom once said:
 
"I used to think that being nice to people & feeling nice was loving people. I know it isn't. Love is the most immense unselfishness & it is so big I've never touched it."
  
To you whom I haven't met yet,

             Here I am again after one month & hopefully I should manage to say a lot before my bedtime. 

              Did you remember those cartoons where a character has a small angel on one shoulder & a devil on the other? The character is trying to make a decision & both are whispering input into an ear. Back to reality, have you ever noticed a little voice in your own head? Kind of like a built-in life coach, except this voice rarely says anything positive. Instead this little voice in your head whispers phrases like:

'What were you thinking?'
'You should have known better?'
'Don't even bother trying.'
'I knew this wouldn't work.'

               In my opinion, everyone has this kinda little voice in their head. When you see someone with a great attitude, you can bet they have learned this little voice exists & learned how to 'duct tape' it quiet. 

               Everyday, I wake up from my bed with full of hope, wonder & expectation. At time, I encountered difficulties in my work but I didn't give up just because something does not go out my way. I do not belittle myself. Look at any infant. If an infant is hungry, she does not scream of cry once & give up if food does not arrive. The infant will continue to make herself heard until she is fed. Just like the infant, we do not greet the day weighed down with past regrets or future worries. Instead, each day is fresh canvas, ready for exploration.

               Dear hummingbird, we aren't all born with 'ifs'. When we are little, we don't say 'when I grow up, if I can be richest man in Malaysia...'. Instead, we announce proudly 'I will be a rich man in Malaysia'. At a young age maybe we have not considered all the obstacles or barriers. Maybe we do not even know what an obstacle is regardless we do not what belief is & we have it down to our toes. So where does it go? When do 'whens' turn to 'ifs'?

                We are already a quarter through the year of 2016. For the past 10 years, I wrote 460 letters about everything in my life with a great hope that you will read it one day to understand the beauty of this life. Until then, have yourself a cheery life & never ever give up.


p/s

If you experience the love, you have to touch the spirit, not the body.


Yours truly, 

The Half Moon Serenades.

6th of March 2016. 

No comments: