Sunday, January 31, 2016

Letters 459: Of Heart & Direction

Pablo Neruda once said:

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow & the soul."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

             I am afraid I will be getting no more off day after the Chinese New Year holiday. To put it down in plain hard facts, it looks as if my business is picking up & my usual job requiring me to be out of my office quite often. There is nothing much I can do about it so I suppose I just have to be brave & patience, to keep my spirits high day by day.

            Lately, I am enjoying my free time by doing some oil painting on canvas. I am pretty damn sure that my masterpieces would never sell but it doesn't matter, the pleasure that I had from creating the oil painting is simply marvelous. My reward for doing this oil painting is magical. I caught the most amazing sunsets at dusk, witnessing my orchid blooming & been jaw-dropped by the beautiful cloud formation of Penang sky. How I wish you can be here with me to see all this heaven on earth.

            I suppose many of us, including you & me have become so stressed with working life that we choose to believe in better tomorrow. But I had been taught that life is simply not about materialistic milestones. Because if we make it as our priority, we lose our soul in the process.

           My hummingbird, my life is indeed imperfect & probably it will never be. But your man here will never, never, never give up. I do belong in whatever I did at this moment & surely it will be a good reason to be happy. Until then, live your life to the fullest. Hopefully, all my 459 letters will offer you the chance to look into my beautiful life one day.


p/s 

Your heart knows the way, run in that direction. We will see each other there.

Yours truly, 

The Half Moon Serenades.

31st of January 2016. 
  

No comments: