Saturday, November 21, 2015

Letters 453: Of Faith, Love & Hope

Rumi once said:

"I once had a thousand desires. But in my one desire to know you, all else melted away."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

          Today, I was stuck in a gridlock at North-South Highway (PLUS) because the traffic lights were out at the Juru Autocity Interchange. It was raining at the same time. There was chaotic moment when everyone honking & getting freyed nerves. 

           I am sure we are all familiar with this situation day in & day out. Each time I use the First Penang. Friends, mom & relatives always ask why I was so calm even though the jam went on for more than one hour. You see, everyone's concept of time is unique even though we all have the same hours, minutes & seconds in a day. When people was in their teenage years, courting a girl, they want every minute to be an hour but I bet one day, they will wonder why a minute with their wife can sometimes feel like a day.

           Dear you, in our life, we often do not have full control of our own time. But I am sure I can find a time or two for you in the future no matter how busy I am in my hectic life. But difficult though it may be, I can & I must, protect our time.I believe that the time I am going to share with you, for the right reasons, is precious. I am thankful for the time I had in my life. 

           Today letter for you is a short one because yours truly here need to pack his bag & go for a backpacking holiday soon. I was teary-eyed as I browsed through all 452 letters that I wrote for you for the past 9 years because each reminded me that time is not about seconds, minutes or hours, but truly it is about love. Promise me you will be strong no matter where you are in this world. I will be here for you, forever & a day, Until then, live your life my hummingbird.


p/s 

Life is indeed about choices. I am very sure I am not the most good looking guy out there. If I need to queue for you, I am very sure I will be the last of the bunch. But, I will never give up. Faith, love & hope is what really count.


Yours sincerely,

The Half Moon Serenades.
21st November 2015.

No comments: