Saturday, August 8, 2015

Letters 443: After That Same Rainbow's End

Khalil Gibran once said: 

"The appearance of things changes according to the emotions; and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves."

To you whom I haven't met yet, 

       Here I am again for another letter & hopefully I should manage to say a lot before my bedtime. Nowadays, I don't have a great deal of spare time & any that I do have is taken up by tonnes of paperwork at the office. Still I am not complaining as things could be a lot worse. 

        My health is its usual cheery self although what I have to be cheery about in this busy life only God knows. Must be my own cheerful nature, that's all. There has been a real gale blowing today & it was only the fact that I have a good size, therefore a good grip that I am here at all instead of being blown away. As it was rainy & cold, I slept through the whole morning & just got up for work during lunch time. Can't beat it can you, eh?

          As I told you before, there was a young girl become engaged at the age of seventeen or so in my neighbourhood. Another point that I noticed is that the husband is very much older. But here in my place, it is nothing unusual for the husband to be 31 & the wife 17. A man of say 21 is according to what I have been told 'only a baby'. When the young girl marries, she just occupies one of the rooms with her husband & the whole family just carry on as usual with the addition of the wife of husband at the table. That itself is a vast difference from our culture habit of newly weds trying to get as far away from the in-laws as possible. 
  

            You see my hummingbird, when I stard today's gossip , I was not in the mood for writing & now when I see what I have written, I was wrong. Of course, when I started to gossip, it never stops. Anyway, the girl is very pretty, though not what could be called young, being the age of 17. Again, I just want to add that her other half is way much older than me but that would spoil the whole effect of my teasing!

            Well. it is time to say cheerio & do a spot called 'Moon River' with my old piano before bedtime. Sometimes, funny things happened in my life out of nowhere. We can't always understand them, but we have to live it & move on in life. For the past 9 years of my life, I wrote 443 letters about my life with a great hope that you will read it one day to understand my beautiful life. Until then, have yourself a cheery life, as cheery as mine & pray for we're after that same rainbow's end in future.

p/s 

It doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, you will always be beautiful in my eyes. Forever. 

Yours truly,

The Half Moon Serenades.

8th of August 2015.    

No comments: