Sunday, May 31, 2015

Letters 441: Of Piano, The Stars & The Orphanages

Vincent Van Gogh once said: 

"What is done in love is done well."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

          Today as you can guess, my thoughts are with you more than ever. So perhaps the best plan would be to give you an insight of my immediate surroundings.

          As usual, today I was there at the orphanage for my usual routine of teaching them. Although a trifle muddy around my shoes as a result of heavy rain, I am well, much better than the kids here in the orphanage. I could be a lot worse off both in health & conditions but I guess God really blessed me. 

          It is very quiet at present (7.20 p.m.) & I can only hear a few voices as just a mumble. Also the noise of trucks as they pass up & down the road only a few hundred metres away. Green leaves are already appearing in the pots lined next to the front entrance & it reminds me of a typical spring day back when I was in Nami Island (South Korea). But with one exception & that is the absence of birds of any description 
           
             Anyway, fellow volunteers at the orphanage have got hold of an old broken Yamaha piano which is used for every job apart from what it was made for. In fact my hummingbird, I used it myself earlier today as a writing table. Even though broken, it can be played & is hammered by almost every kids there. 

           Still, I hope I can manage a sing-song with the aid of the piano when any of the kids at the orphanage birthday comes along. 

           441 letters still could not describe how much I wish you can be here to live my life together. But until then, live your life to the fullest. 

P/S 

I hope you will follow the stars home if you ever lost in your life one day. 


Yours truly,

The Half Moon Serenades,

31st of May 2015.     

No comments: