Sunday, May 3, 2015

Letter 438: Of Guitar, Painter's Brush & Love

Winston Churchill once said:

"If you are going through hell, you might as well keep going".

To you whom I haven't met yet,

          Here I am again for a few words to you before I go for a dinner. I won't be able to say a great deal but I will continue until the rest of the chaps (my former colleagues) start to ask a few gentle questions as to how long before I finished. I guess the sooner I finish, the faster everyone can go to the restaurant. 

          You see your wee man here thought it will be a good idea to played his guitar  before he started to pen this letter. By the way, my guitar was a bit damaged but I spent all my free time yesterday (Labour's Day) doing my best to make it serviceable for today. You have no idea of the remarks which are passed about the guitar by the chaps & how I've carried it everywhere in my home. But they don't understand, do they my hummingbird?

           Anyway, I certainly will sing you a song for you with this old faithful guitar on your birthday. If all goes well & the condition are in anyway decent, I will be able to do justice to the guitar as well as it sort of makes up for my very poor voice & like the painter's brush,covers all the flaws. 

            Well, my time is up for today. Always another day nearer the end & another letter dedicated to you. I hope you will be able to read all my letters in future & live this beautiful life together with me. Love is the bridge between you, me & everything. I must say cheerio in the meantime.

Always,

The Half Moon Serenades.

3rd of May 2015.

No comments: