Sunday, April 19, 2015

Letters 436: A Groovy Kind of Birthday



Khalil Gibran once said

"Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

         Here I am again for a little talk. Oh, it is cold! But I am sitting here in my pyjama & sweating like the proverbial bull. Anyway, the last five days have been the same. Remember I told you that I had managed to give a show at the old folks home with an old guitar? 

           Well, I have managed to get a fine old guitar from one of the resident here so I have something to help pass a few weary hours when I volunteered here. Of course, I don't really play a guitar since I am more a 'piano' man, but I will learn through time, providing the instrument lasts long enough. 

           You see my hummingbird, I have a vast selection of songs now & I play the guitar. I am taking the best possible care of this old guitar & I intend to try & fetch it back with me if at all possible. At first, the trouble was the owner of the guitar (one of the old folks home resident) & now, it's my fever. What a life.

            I certainly will sing a song for you on our anniversary in the future. If all goes well & my playing skill are in any way decent of course. I will make sure I am doing justice to you & to this old guitar as well. 

            Anyway, did I mentioned that tomorrow (20th of April) is my birthday? I know that it will be another birthday without you. How I wish you can be here with me tomorrow. But I believed one day we will celebrate a groovy kind of birthday together. Until then, I am here, for you.

p/s We will never miss each other birthday, ever :)

With love,

The Half Moon Serenades.

 

No comments: