Saturday, April 11, 2015

Letters 435: Of Dust & Shadows

Nicolas Chamfort once said:

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

        Here I am with another hour to spare as I am just recovering from a bout of fever. I am well at this moment but being pestered by a few mosquitoes, even though the weather is becoming cooler especially at nights. What a weird weather here, roasted by day & frozen by night.

         Well my hummingbird, I could give you ever so many stories about my life here. But lately, the weather has been very bad indeed. Another thunderstorm occured last night, as if one wasn't hot enough in the morning. It's 5.00 p.m. now & I am in lovely mess. You see, I have been pouring sweat all day & some of it has dropped on the keyboard of my laptop. Soon dries though.

          You remember how I mentioned in my previous letter about how I saw few gentlemen at the construction site mopping their brows & with the bodies all glistening? Well, that's how I am at present only it isn't oil or dust I use but the real sweat! To say the least, it is a bit uncomfortable. 

          When I looked at my face, I am reminded of the proverb 'all is not gold that glistens'. Or should the word be glitters. Anyway, why worry, I glisten more right? 

          As I said before, I will have numerous experience to relate, some humorous, some sad but it is surprising my angel, how one like me can see humor in almost everything, apart from death itself. For myself, I thank God for my health & a keen sense of humor. 

           Last but not least, one day, I want you to remember this. Even though we are far apart, I hope our thought will always be with each other. We can always see the same moon & the same stars. When you realise that, we may be saying & thinking the same thing at the same time. Being like a dust & shadow, so it will not be too bad does it?

           Until then, put in your heart the fact I loved you way before we knew each other. Perhaps, it won't be too long before you can celebrate my birthday together one day, someday.

Loving you, 

The Half Moon Serenades.

11th of April 2015. 

No comments: