Sunday, April 5, 2015

Letters 434: Another Day of Miracles

Rumi once said:

"Stop acting so small because you are the universe in ecstatic motion."

To you whom I haven't met yet, 

        For me, today is life. Will you believe me if I said that I believed in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong & that tomorrow is another day of miracles? 

        Few days ago, I met the mother of a two years old girl with a terminal genetic disorder at the orphanage where I did my free teaching. The rare genetic condition will eventually take her life but the mother is determined to make her daughter's short life as full as possible & give her some unforgettable memories.

        The mother cried as she told me about it. She knows that people who suffered from this disease are healthy for the first two years of their life, but their balance & co-ordination then will deteriorate rapidly. But I am a realist & & very pragmatic about this kind of situation. I know that some people will be in complete denial, like waiting for a time bomb to go off, waiting for the symptoms to start appearing. 

         Anyway, for me I want this little life she does have to be as special as possible & as such, I gave her, the mother & spouse a return ticket to Singapore plus Universal Studios entrance ticket for three at the end of this year. I know this cute little girl will enjoy this gift from me, being surrounded by her favourite cartoon characters & many more. At least, this is the best thing I can do for her, apart from giving her my moral support.

          Dear you, this is my life & I want you to know that I am both happy & energetic as what I promised you in all my 434 letters. Happiness for me is the key to a better life. Some people laughed when then read my letters, but for me, they don't understand life. 

          I am not sure what our future will be like but I know when you finally here, I will be able to tell you how much love did I put into loving you. Until then, have yourself a wonderful life, hummingbird.

Cheerios,

The Half Moon Serenades.

5th of April 2015.
        

No comments: