Thursday, January 29, 2015

Letters 429: Today is Life, Tomorrow is Love


Mahatma Gandhi once said:

"Hate the sin, love the sinner."

To you whom I haven't met yet, 

       Always, we hear people speak convincingly about the virtue of forgiveness. We often emphasize how we should grow up to forgive others for the mistakes they have made. 

       How many of us have the habit of apologising verbally to any of our family members? Do we admit our mistakes & express ourselves or perhaps, we just appease ourselves by saying 'mistakes happen & an apology is therefore not necessary to fix the situation'?

       Dear you, I believed that the act of apologising is a tool to strengthen the tie among us. It takes more love & courage for someone to ask for forgiveness than the actual act of forgiving others. It is never too late to apologise & rekindle bonds with our loved ones. 

       Few days ago, my mother, God's greatest gift to me, was discharged from the coronary unit in Penang General Hospital. I admire the way she takes things on her stride & works her way out. Yes, sometimes she suffered from a weird mood swing & I will be at the end of her mouthful scolding. But for me, I just take it with a carefree & optimistic manner by asking for forgiviness from her in case I did any mistakes (even though I know I am right). 

      My hummingbird, some days in my life are so beautiful. I wish they could have somehow stood still & lasted for an eternity. Some memories are so beautiful that I hope they will remain etched & never forgotten in my mind.

     I guess that is what all my 429 letters to you in 9 years is all about. I just haven't met you yet, but where there is love, nothing is too much trouble & there is always time for me to write a letter to you. Until then, pieces of my heart are missing you.

Today is life, tomorrow is love, 

The Half Moon Serenades. 
29th of January 2015.

No comments: