Saturday, January 3, 2015

Letters 427: A New Year Named Desire

George Bernard Shaw once said:

"Life is about creating yourself."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

       For some people, depression drains their energy, hope & drive, making it difficult to do what they need to feel better. I am sure that overcoming depression isn't quick or easy, it is far from impossible. 

       One day in your life, you might encountered some difficulties. But do not be afraid, feeling better takes time. I believed you can get there if you make positive choices for yourself in life. For me, it is the Catch-22 of depression recovery. The things that help the most are the things that are the most difficult to do.

      Remember my hummingbird, depression puts a negative spin on everything, including the way you see yourself, the situations your encounter & your expectations for the future. But you can't break out of this pessimistic mind frame by 'just thinking positive'. Happy thoughts or wishful thinking won't cut it. Rather, my idea is to replace negative thoughts with more balanced thoughts. 

      With that my angel, I brought a conclusion to my 427th letters to you in 8 years. Put in your heart the fact that I had fallen in love with you way before we knew each other. Never give up in your life, for one day, I hope you can be the love of my life. Until then, cheers & have yourself a wonderful new year. 

Yours truly,

The Half Moon Serenades.

3rd of January 2015.      

No comments: