Saturday, November 22, 2014

Letters 423: Of Pain, Forgiveness & Love

Anne Frank once said:


"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

           I've learned that anger feels like a stab wound to the heart, something I wish I could do without in my life. But then, forgiveness feels like the wind against my face when you are spreading your wings & flying through the air. 

           Dear you, will you believe me if I said that people have to forgive? We don't have to be friends with them, we don't have to send them hearts in text messages, but we have to forgive them, to overlook & to forget. Because for me, if we did not forgive, we are tying rocks to our feet, too much for our wings to carry. 

          In life my hummingbird, you're going to meet many people with multiple personalities. It's not your job to change these people, but it's your job to show them your peace & gentleness do not equate to weakness. Show to them, you are not fragile nor delicate. People mistake silk to be weak but did they know, a silk handkerchief can protect the wearer from a gunshot?

         If winter is saying, summer is in my heart, would I believe in winter? Because to me, everything appears beautiful. That's how I viewed my life which hopefully, I can share with you one day, someday. 423 letters in 8 years is a good evidence that I lived my life to the fullest.

 Cheerios hummingbird,

The Half Moon Serenades,
22nd November 2014.

No comments: