Monday, November 17, 2014

Letters 422: Of Nami Island, Autumn & Love

John Lennon once said: 

"Count your life by smiles, not tears."

To you whom I haven't met yet,

      Annyeonghaseyo (that's hello in Korean in case you can't find it in Google Translate) my hummingbird! Here I am again writing the 422th letter to you after 20 days of traveling across East Asia. This reminds me that it will soon be 8 years since I started my countless letters for you. 

      Of course I am fortunate that God still give me the energy & strength to never stop believing that one day, I will be able to find you in this beautiful world (I hope the day is not so far distant when we will be able to enjoy a journey around the world together). For that, I am so thankful to Him.

      Anyway my angel, back to the point about my recent travel across East Asia, in particular South Korea. I can only say, what a travel! Did you remember when I told you in my previous letter about 4 years ago regarding an island shaped like a half moon in South Korea called Namiseom? Well, believe it or not, I visited the place three weeks ago. I had heard so much about & seen so many times in photographs, but my dear, to be there in real life, to touch the autumn leaves with own hands, I can't describe the excitement, the joy in my heart. 

       By the way, I had to pay 23000 won to visit this island in case you thought I sneaked into the island without paying like how I did in Boracay Island in the Philippines (hahahaha). Eventually, I found a very beautiful place in the island, surrounded by the yellow & red autumn leaves. I wish you could have been there with me in future. 

       It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bay of Namiseom, there was over a million sparkles on the water. It looks like there were two skies, one on top of the other. I couldn't tell where heavens stopped and the earth began. It was so beautiful. 

       The year 2014 is going to end soon. Frankly, I don't know if we will ever met each other one day or we are just floating around on a windy breeze. I miss you. If you ever read my letters in future, I want you to know, I won't be far away. Until then, have a wonderful holiday my hummingbird.

Always,

The Half Moon Serenades.
17th of November 2014.  

No comments: